- Reusable & Machine Washable
It is really important to wash your mask after each wear, which is why we recommend always having at least 2 – 3 at home clean and ready to go while one is in the wash.
Staying home is the priority but if you need to go out as per the 4 advised reasons, wearing a mask as advised by the government can protect yourself and others. Stay Healthy and safe.
- Ensure you wash your mask before the first wear.
- Wash in warm-hot temperature (over 40 degrees) either by hand or machine wash.
- Remember to sanitize and wash your hands extremely well after handling your mask!
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use hand sanitiser that is made up of over 60% alcohol before putting your mask on and after taking it off. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth at all times and store used face masks in a plastic bag until you have an opportunity to wash them.
- The mask must cover your mouth, nose, and chin. Do not wear it under your nose.
Remember, no mask is 100% effective at protecting from viral transmission. The most effective thing you can do to stay healthy is to wash your hands and practice appropriate social distancing.
To remove the mask:
- Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t touch the front of the mask or your face.
- Carefully remove your mask by grasping the ear loops or untying the ties. For masks with a pair of ties, unfasten the bottom ones first, then the top ones.
- Fold the mask and put it directly into the laundry or into a disposable or washable bag for laundering.
- Clean your hands again.
- To ensure the mask is effective it must be washed after every use or wear. At least once a day. Don’t reuse the same cloth mask that you used earlier on the same trip away from home. Put each used cloth mask into a zip lock bag to be taken home for washing. For each new situation put on a clean cloth mask. Carry a paper bag or zip lock bag with you and place the clean masks in there when not in use, to keep them clean.
- Machine or hand wash at 60 degrees celsius with a mild detergent. The warmer the water temperature the better.
- Air drying your mask is preferred, but to dry in direct sunlight is even better! The use of a dryer is fine too.